Search

Nevada Recap: Running Backs

Running Backs

The running game was very good but still not great. But from the looks of the passing game, they don't have to be. They just need to convert 3rd and short yardage, don't fumble, and don't get negative yards. I still remember Charlie Weis' words "Pound It" sometime ago. That's out the window now. It's more like "We're gonna chuck it".

Let's just face the fact that we will not have a RB who will rush for 1000 yards. We will most likely have two 500+ yards runners and three 200+ yards runners.

Many posts that I have read this morning are not too fond of the wildcat formation. I think it's too early to call, but the debut of the wildcat in Charlie Weis tenure or internship for certain a person did not go too well.

Armando Allen was once again good but not great.

Jonas Gray is second in the depth chart because he is the second best RB or even first when time goes by. Reports assume that he is placed there because Robert Hughes is suspended in the first half of the game, this is clearly a false report. The one run he made should have been a touch down.

Robert Hughes . . . what can I say, I love this guy and his story, but his playing time will really diminish this year because of a freshman.

That certain freshman is Cierre Wood, 5 Star athlete and recruited by everyone. Wait, I got that wrong. It's the guy no one recruited and was only a 3 star from NJ. THEO RIDDICK.

Theo Riddick. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one getting goosebumps when the freshman was bubbling his head as if he is in a rock concert during the first kickoff return. The guy just oozes something. The guy has IT.

Cierre Wood. I love Cierre Wood's game. I'm pretty sure he's the only one in ND's RB stable that will rush for 1000+ yards. But his time is not up yet. I'm pretty sure he was even with Theo, but Theo will get playing time because of special teams play.

0 comments: